DIY Project - Pom Pom Party Hats

April 1, 2015




image



image



I made dozens of these party hats for Erin’s 1st birthday. These party hats are fairly easy to make and they’re super cute. However, it is time consuming (I had friends come over and help). Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Paper Mache Cones 2. Yarn 3. Washi Tape 4. Elastic String 5. Hot Glue Gun 6. Paint Brushes 7. Paint
I started off by making the pom poms first. Those took the longest to make (You can find a simple how-to for the pom poms here ). Then I painted the cones (I bought 3X7 size cones). I used circle stickers and washi tape for helping with the designs. The washi tape works great because it comes off surfaces easily without causing any tears. After letting the paint dry, I used a hot glue gun to attach the pom poms on top of the cones. The final step is to punch holes on each side (I used a belt hole maker, but you can use a hole punch as well) and tie on the elastic cord.

I was very happy with how they turned out.

image




image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...