1:1 Floral Centerpiece Workshop

October 13, 2017

I've been a bit obsessed with flowers these days. They are just so darn pretty and the variety in colors never ceases to amaze me. I started my event planning business earlier this year and I wanted to find ways to improve in all aspects of my services, which includes flowers. I took a one to one workshop with Janelle at Lavender's Flowers in Santa Ana. I've been following her on Instagram for a while and I love her style and vision. Thought it'd be best to get a little insight from her with some face to face time.

I don't come from an artistic background. Heck, I'm like on the very opposite side of the spectrum. Majored in Criminal Justice and honestly, I'm the most literal person you'll meet. Working with flowers has definitely taken me outside of my comfort zone. It really requires me to use creative juices I've really never had to use before. Color theory, color palettes, depths, symmetry..etc. But, as I continue to work with flowers, I surprise myself at how much I enjoy it even with all the challenges.

I learned tons from this workshop and got some great advice. One very important thing I did walk away with: take lots of pictures of your work/progress. Documenting is key at improving. Just in the span of 3 months, I can see a lot of change/progress in my work. Pretty kool.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...