New Home

July 31, 2015

I feel like I move every year. Moving seriously sucks. It's an even bigger pain when there are children involved or someone is pregnant. We have officially moved into our new place. It was an extremely slow and tiring process. We didn't move far from our old place so we moved a little at a time. We downsized by quite a bit. We went from a 4 story, 3 bedroom to a 2 story, 2 bedroom. The reason for this downsize: the old place was just way too big and we're hoping to save more money now so we can buy a home in the next few years. Buying a house = no more moving. It's tough going from such a big place to a much smaller place, but I like it (less to clean). I got to get rid of a lot of junk and the new place is real cozy. We're expecting baby #2 in January so that will be the other challenge. We will be putting both kids in one room. I'm hopeful about it, but I'm also quite nervous. Their room is quite spacious, so I've had a fun time arranging and decorating it. I'm about 75% finished with their room. I've got tons of pictures and art I still need to hang up. Here's a sneak peak of what one side of the room looks like right now.


My favorite thing in the room: the diaper caddy. Gotta love Ikea.


We've introduced Erin to the toddler bed. As expected, she doesn't love it...yet. We don't want to rush her, but we want her to get used to it. Hopefully it won't take too long for her to want to sleep in it..every night. There will be another post soon going into detail about transitioning to a toddler bed.

Lots of changes for us, especially Erin. New home, new bed, soon she'll be diaperless and then she'll be a big sister!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...