Planning Ava's First Birthday

November 9, 2016

It's already that time again. Been busy planning Ava's first birthday! It's crazy that it's already almost here. As time consuming as the planning can be, it's a chance for me to get my creative juices going so I enjoy the time creating things and making things personal.

Theme: Wildflower

My Inspiration:
  • The book "How to be a Wildflower - a field guide". Has anyone read or looked through this book? It's the cutest! It's a guide full of little notes and colorful drawings. After flipping through a few pages, I knew I wanted to incorporate it somehow into Ava's birthday.
  • I've also really been into ferns and greenery, so I thought it'd be perfect to incorporate that into the theme.  
  • Ava is quite the spunky gal. Thought it'd be a fitting theme for her.


A peek at the invitation:






Recognition:
  1. Wood Sign Studio - They do custom work and have super fast shipping! Going to put this sign up in Ava's room once I'm done using it for the party.
  2. The Autumn Rabbit - I love all their clip-art files. I had such a hard time choosing which ones to use for the invitations.
  3. Paper Source - I purchased the paper and envelopes from paper source. It can be a bit pricey, but they often have deals for 15-20% off your order or deals for bulk purchases. 
  4. Dang Bat Industries - I wanted to create little pocket notebooks as favors for the party. To minimize the DIY work, I just designed the cover page and this company printed them out on their notebooks. They are super easy to work with and you can't beat their prices! 
(Can you tell I love Etsy?)


Ending this post with some cuteness. I loved how the photos turned out! (pc: Ken)






T-minus 2 months! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...