Parent & Me Class: Gymnastics

February 17, 2015

I finally got to check this off my to-do list. Erin and I tried out a trial gymnastics class this weekend (Parent & me classes are great for kids like Erin). My mom put me in gymnastics when I was a kid and I did some tumbling when I was in high school. I loved it. I ended up coaching for 3+ years and my favorite classes by far were the ones with the little toddlers. Gymnastics can really help with coordination and muscle development. I wanted to see if Erin would like it too. 

Erin wasn't all that thrilled about gymnastics class, which I expected. She was very cautious about the things the coaches wanted her to do. She'd freak out if the coach came too close or tried to assist her. She didn't really put any effort into holding on to bars or jumping when I asked her to. First classes are always hard because kids are doing things and seeing things for the first time. She did however enjoy forward rolls and putting chalk on her hands, yay!
(pc: Ken)

Trying to get her to jump. She ended up just walking around the french fries.

image
She flipped out after getting to this point and didn't make it to the top.

image
She did well on the beam.

image
She wouldn't hang on to the rings. She just thought it was funny when she touched them.

image
She tried eating a piece of the foam block.

image
Trying to show her how to finish properly.

image
Loving the chalk.

image
She's been doing forward rolls at home!

image
We have a trial dance class next week. I'm going to see which she likes/does better and hopefully enroll her in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...